Traditional Fiji Accommodation - Stylish, comfortable and super-relaxing!
Castaway Island, Fiji offers 27 Island, 12 Ocean View and 27 Beach bures. Most feature one king size bed and two additional single beds in their configuration, with those bures comfortably sleeping four persons. For larger families our Castaway Five* concept features bures configured with an additional full size single bed (or cot as required). Additionally our three bedroom Family Beach bure sleeps up to ten persons offering two king beds, six single beds and two bathrooms.
All bures are spacious, well ventilated with overhead ceiling fans and air-conditioning and feature quality inclusions throughout. View our choice of traditional Fiji bure accommodation below.
* The Castaway Five concept allows you to request a bure in Island, Ocean or Beach Bure with an extra bed for a fifth person. There is an additional nightly rate of F$90 + taxes. All Castaway Five bures are on request to email@example.com
Fiji Accommodation extras for Children
- Cots and high chairs available
- Private babysitting at F$8.00 per hour
- Supervised Kids Club (3 – 12 years) complimentary 9:00am to 9:00pm daily
- fun activities with a distinct Fijian flavour
- Supervised children’s meals
- Children’s wading pool
What is a bure?
A bure is traditional Fiji Accommodation – a traditional Fijian Village home – constructed of natural materials. Bures (pronounced “bor-rays”) are known as ‘bungalows” in other parts of the world. On Castaway Island, Fiji there are just 66 individual bures of varying sizes nestled amongst the lush tropical setting or situated at the ocean’s edge. Fiji Accommodation at its best!
What do our Guests love about our traditional Fiji accommodation?
Guests are delighted at the understated natural elegance of their accommodation: distinctive natural timbers, hand painted vaulted ‘tapa’ lined ceilings and traditional grass-thatched roofs compliment stylishly appointed air-conditioned interiors.